North American Rescue’s Top First Aid Kits
By Adelia Ladson
“The best defense is a good offense.” In a medical trauma situation, a good offense is having the tools that you need to be prepared for the worst. The key to this is to have a good first aid kit readily available wherever you are. North American Rescue is a company that puts out a line of medical emergency products that do just that.
Who Is North American Rescue?
North American Rescue was built on the experience of seasoned military medics, who wanted to fill the equipment gaps that were commonly encountered in the field. Then, they expanded their vision to include the perspectives of first responders, giving them an insight into the extreme challenges and evolving requirements of tactical and rescue medicine both on the battlefield and on the homefront. From the point of wounding to the doors of the trauma center, the company is a dedicated partner in life-saving medical gear and training designed to empower war-fighters, first responders and pre-hospital healthcare providers with the mission critical solutions that increase survivability by reducing potentially preventable causes of death.
From tactical medicine to bystander intervention, North American Rescue’s trusted, reliable pre-hospital equipment delivers the critical tools necessary to increase survivability by empowering responders to take immediate action in life threatening emergencies. Each piece of equipment is an innovative lifesaving solution to the unique challenges that arise during casualty care in difficult to manage situations and environments.
A Variety Of Trauma Kits
North America Rescue impressed me from the first look I got at their products. I’m a big believer in having a first aid kit right on-hand wherever your day finds you. If you are able to jump-in immediately with emergency aid even before the professionals arrive, you’re giving that family member, friend or stranger that much more of a chance to survive a medical emergency. You don’t have to be a professional to use the first aid tools in these kits.
Mini First Aid Kit
If you’re an avid hunter, gun enthusiast or anything else that puts you around a firearm for any length of time, you need the Mini First Aid Kit without a doubt. North America Rescue designed this kit to be the most compact, multi-use first aid kit for delivering immediate critical care for penetrating, blast or other traumatic injuries. In spite of its small size, the kit is complete with all of the critical medical tools that are most requested by First Responders.
- The kit has two main sleeves that open on both ends for easy access
- There are multiple elastic loops for secure gear organization
- The bag’s exterior has MOLLE backing for mounting vertically on the duty belt
- The bag has a 3” internal sleeve for horizontal attachment to the duty belt
Individual Patrol Officer Kit
If you’re in law enforcement, you never know what you are going to roll-up on, on any given day. The Individual Patrol Officer Kit is specifically designed to fit into a BDU pocket, vest pocket or gear bag. The kit contains the tools needed to control excessive bleeding for one victim.
- The vacuum-sealed package is easy-to-open but also rugged and durable
- The package is specifically designed to fit in small cubic space like pockets
- Included in the kit are a combat application tourniquet and trauma dressing
Individual Trauma Kit
The Individual Trauma Kit is designed for non-medically trained people to control bleeding until medically trained responders arrive. The tools are easy-to-use, and the package is compact so that it can be included in your vehicle emergency bag, a camping first aid kit or your bug-out bag.
- The kit includes compressed gauze, surgical tape, petrolatum gauze and flat trauma dressing
- It can be used for penetrating and other traumatic injuries that cause excessive bleeding
- It will allow a non-medically trained person to easily render first aid immediately
Everyday Carry Ankle Trauma Kit
I really like the Everyday Carry Ankle Trauma Kit because not only can you carry the first aid tools, but other items like ammo magazines, too. The carrier is low-profile so that it can be concealed underneath a pants leg and it’s comfortable enough for all-day wear. The contents are first aid supplies for wounds that are most commonly sustained in violent incidents.
- The trauma kit carrier has individual pouches for each of the components with Velcro closures
- It’s a one-size fits most ankle carrier that’s made out of advanced materials for comfortable wear
- The kit has a combat application tourniquet, HyFin vent compact chest seals and wound packing gauze
Personal Protective Equipment Kit
North American Rescue doesn’t just put-out quality trauma kits. Their Personal Protective Equipment Kit gives you a pocket-sized kit to protect you against a variety of hazards and contaminants that you may come in contact to when a disaster happens. Drop one of the kits in your vehicle emergency gear, your bug-out bag, in your desk at work and in your first aid kit at home.
- The kit is suitable for anyone who is responsible for indigenous healthcare and disaster response
- The package is vacuum-sealed and easy-to-open for quick application in the most extreme conditions
- The kit contains an N95 standard mask, two individually wrapped pairs of large nitrile gloves